Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

She Threw Down the Gautlet

I got my first weight-loss compliment of the year! And only one week in. It was from someone at work. She said "You are wasting away! How much weight have you lost?!?" And I was like "Uh, I'm not sure," because I get kind of uncomfortable when people notice my body, and because I actually hadn't tallied it up. Turns out it's 7.7 pounds.


There's these two girls I work with that are the kind who are on perpetual diet-and-exercise regimens that they don't stick to for long. They're both young (at least young-looking) and gorgeous and blond and tan and thin (well one could do with losing 10 or 15 but I think she looks fine now) and always talking about their kids and losing weight. Anyway, I heard one saying last month that today was her "fasting day." And I took it as a challenge. Like a competition. And I have no idea why. I was like "While you're still struggling with those 10 pounds, I'm going to have surpassed my goals a hundred times over." This is all an internal monologue, mind you. I rarely speak at work. Later that day I saw her eating celery sticks and ranch in the break room, so I don't think her fast was going so well. Secret victory for me. I don't get it. I just don't get it. She's pretty, so I see her as competition. I know it doesn't make sense. Just ancient biology.


I had about 700 calories yesterday, which was too high in my opinion, but I did some working out yesterday as well, so I don't feel so bad about it. Had 200 calories today in the form of a small apple, some carrot, some cherry tomatoes, and a vegan Boca patty, with coffee and an energy drink. I'm pleased with that. Quite pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment