Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Hey Stephanie, your neurosis is showing!

Craziest day ever.


The work-load at the pharmacy has been absolutely insane this week. And today we were down a man. We left behind so much work for the weekend team. The phones would not stop ringing, and 99% of the prescriptions had some kind of insurance issue that needed special attention. And people are just so mean. I don't ever think I've been so disrespected in my life.


I had to stay ultra caffeinated all day to keep my energy up. I had two cups of coffee before work, a Monster energy drink at break, and 24 ounces of coffee at lunch. The moment I went more than 3 hours with out refueling, I crashed and burned. 80% of the way through my day I just took a nose dive. I was almost literally sleep-walking. And then when the work day was over, I cried the whole walk home. The freezing wind dried my tears and soothed my puffy eyes by the time I got home so Boyfriend was none the wiser.


800 calories today. The most I've eaten in nine days. I'm trying out the 2-4-6-8 diet. It seemed like so much food. I had to resort to eating high calorie things. Peanut butter on toast, more nuts shaped into a bar, and a frozen pasta bowl with broccoli, asparagus, and parmesan. My weight has been up and down since I started the diet on Tuesday, but overall I've only lost 0.3 pounds. I expect it will go up after this high-calorie day. Tomorrow's the day to fast. Zero calories. Then 200 calories the next day, but since it's the weekend (and I've sworn off eating on weekends), it'll be 200 calories of liquid. And unfortunately that'll put the next fasting day in the middle of my work week. As one of my store's "top technicians" (hee hee, I've been feeling pretty cocky since my boss called me that), I do need some sustenance to keep up my game. One cannot conduct all the essential responsibilities on caffeine alone. So I don't know what I'm going to do. But I do need a plan. Yes yes yes plan plan plan I'll be completely lost without out a plan and I don't have a plan so I'm lost plan plan plan.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your willpower to stick to the 2-4-6-8. I've tried it before, but the 200 and 400 Calorie days killed me. Fasting, and 800 aren't as hard, but the lower I think is much harder.
    I also can't lose an ounce if I'm not exercising, and I found I had the least energy in the 200-400 range too. I even had more energy when fasting than I did with 200-400 Calories. The body is a funny thing.

    ReplyDelete